Barclays has raised the offer on the The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® publicly to 50,000 miles on first purchase. That’s a very nice bonus for no minimum spending requirement.
Last week, I had a conference call with Barclays and they let me know that they would be raising the sign-up bonus on the US Airways card before they quit allowing new card members. Since US Airways and American Airlines are merging and Citibank will be issuing all new AA rewards credit cards in the future, you won’t be able to apply for the Barclays US Airways card anymore (probably some time in Q1 2015).
All current Barclays US Airways cardholders will have their cards transferred to a Barclays AA Aviator card, eventually.
Also, early next year, we will be able to combine our US Airways and American Airline miles. Can’t wait for that day! I’ve been stock piling AA and US Airways miles for another epic trip like our recent Business Class Trip to Europe. 50,000 AA miles is good for a one-way business class Cathay Pacific ticket. Great value.
Here are the full marketing details for the The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®. It’s worth noting that the $89 annual fee isn’t waived for the first year, but 50,000 US Airways/AA miles is totally worth the $89 fee.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag free on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways and American Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- New! Receive a 25% savings on eligible US Airways and American Airlines in-flight purchases
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
I always like the free first checked bag perk. And another benefit of the card that I like is that you’ll receive a 10% rebate on all award redemptions starting in 2015.
Barclays is looking to get as many new accounts as possible, and that’s splendid since 50,000 US Airways miles on first purchase is a great deal. Eventually, you won’t be able to apply for the Barclays US Airways card, so now is a good time if you plan on adding this card to your wallet.
Barclays can be quirky on approvals, so make sure that your credit score is in good condition, and give a swipe to your current Barclays cards if you have any before applying for another Barclays card. It’s always a good idea to show some activity.
It’s worth noting that you might be eligible for holding multiple US Airways cards (we have 3), but there’s no guarantee.
If the US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® is right for you, the link is below.
Apply Now: The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®